Saturday 11 May 2013

Oxfordshire Art Weeks

It is the season for Arts Trails at the moment! Today Richard and I went on the Oxfordshire Art Weeks Trail. In Dorchester-on-Thames we saw some nice stitched pictures by Alison Garnett, very textural knitted bags by Claire Houghton ( I do love a bit of texture, but especially knitted texture!), and Claire also makes lovely jewellery. I also liked Paul Ridley's black and white photos. 
We were impressed by Harriet Coleridge's wide range of ceramics at Ewelme Pottery, and I was pleased to find the work of Anuk Naumann there, as I have long admired her paintings. Both Richard and I were very taken by the beautiful carved fish by John Parrey, Richard because he loves fish, and me because of the texture of the stipples on the fish .
It is a lovely part of South Oxfordshire, Dorchester being a particularly pretty village and I will probably go back again next weekend to take photos of the thatched cottages, the Abbey and other buildings that caught my eye. Lunch at The White Hart of soup and a sandwich with a roaring log fire (it is cold here in May some days) was a perfect touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment