Monday 13 May 2013

Caversham Arts Trail

As you can see, I have been busy going on arts trails this month. Yesterday I went to the trail in my own neighbourhood , Caversham Arts Trail. I  really enjoy meeting the local artists and seeing their work, and buying a few bits and pieces.
I visited venues 6, 7 and 8. No 6 was where Nina O'Connell, Gloria Pitt and Therese Wicks were displaying their work. Nina's batik work is vibrant , Gloria's handwoven scarves are full of textures and Therese's stained glass is very eye-catching.
At No 7, the work on display was from a variety of disciplines-Lou Jessop's woollen hand-stitched pictures, Emma Bradbury's knitted and hand painted textiles, Brenda Graham's stained glass, Jan Lewis's collographs, Marc Juon's silver jewellery and Su Mcpherson's willow-weaving and sculpture were also full of texture.
At No 8 Nicola Duncan was showing her oil paintings of swans and other creatures.
I shall be doing some of the other venues later in the week, but I don't think I can get round them all!




No comments:

Post a Comment