Wednesday 6 March 2013

Tag Tuesday-Letter I


Continuing with the alphabet theme over on Tag Tuesday, we are on letter I this week
I is for Illuminated letter.
For my I tag I have made an illuminated letter I using photos from Lindisfarne Priory, which were taken by C &G tutor Shelagh Folgate. I played around with them and coloured them in with gel pens. I knew I would never be able to copy the Celtic patterns myself, they are so complicated! I would like to make an embroidered textile from this one day, as I think it would work well in embroidery.

3 comments:

  1. Jane I love the celtic pattern and the colors on your tag, very inspiring.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the credit Jane, lovely tag, could you change the spelling of my name please to Shelagh,, I would love to see an embroidery that you will do, great blog by the way
    Thanks
    http://shelaghfolgate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Shelagh, I have corrected it.
    Glad you like my blog!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete