Friday 5 October 2012

Sashiko -Purl Bee

sashiko-main.jpg

Whilst browsing the internet for information about Sashiko, I came across this brilliant site which gives a tutorial about this Japanese embroidery. I found it very helpful, with clear instructions and photos. 

The photo is from the blog page of Purl Bee, which is the craft blog from the New York store Purl Soho. The blog is packed full of information, ideas and instructions for making things. I like the way it is set out, and it is very easy to find a topic, whether it is knitting, sewing, crochet, craft or embroidery. I have only just discovered Purl Bee, and I can't stop myself from reading the blog archives and looking at the patterns! 

There is also an on-line store for fabric and yarn supplies and other crafting products, which has  beautiful colour photos of the stock and even a chance to shop by colour!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so interesting - I have never heard of Sashiko - I love the embroidery sample, it reminds me of origami shapes and papers. I shall be taking a nip over to Purl Soho and having a look - thank you for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it interesting, Diana. I hope you enjoy Purl Soho!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete