Monday 29 October 2012

Book To Read- How to bring the Outside Inside


 This delightful book, How to bring the Outside Inside by Helen Ellery offers advice about decorating your home according to the seasons, changing accessories such as cushions and blinds to reflect the weather outside.
There are great ideas such as the pumpkin chair cover, toffee apple cushion and blackberry throw.
I still haven't made any of the projects, but enjoy looking through the book periodically.
Maybe this year I will make one! 
Diana Taylor in her blog Velvet Moth Studio  has been posting about changing the interior decor for  autumn, which reminded me of this book. I hope you like it, Diana!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation Jane - it looks a great book, I shall definitely look out for it. My mum started me off with changing the house round - back in the fifties she was quite poor and it was a way of creating a 'new' look without spending any money - she'd recycle and re-use things, making cushion covers, table linens and such like to match the different seasons. I change things every April and October and it always feels good when I've done so - quite rejuvenating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, Diana. I like the story about your mum. I like to change things around in my house, and wonder if my husband and four sons will notice!

    ReplyDelete