Tuesday 8 May 2012

Scandinavian embroidery

I haven't been posting much recently, except about Tag Tuesday, but I haven't been idle!
I have been wanting to do some hand embroidery from Clare Youngs' scandinavian needlecraft book for a while now, and decided the best way to do it was to just  start something! The coat hanger cover was simple but satisfying to do, so I followed it with a cushion cover. I love the freshness of gingham, but must be careful not to go onto overload with it! There are lots more projects in this book, so watch this space ....




3 comments:

  1. Nice stitchwork on the gingham. I have looked at this book a few times online and wondered if it is good, I like the idea of the knitting bag on the front but I dont knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!It is a good book. You could make the cover bag as a sewing bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete