Monday 28 May 2012

Artspace at Barn Galleries

Yesterday Richard and I went to visit the Artspace exhibiton at Barn Galleries near Henley. In a countryside setting, with rolling hills as a backdrop, it is an amazing space for displaying art. The beautiful old barns provide perfect gallery space, I particularly liked looking at the work shown against old brickwork. There were sculptures all around the grounds, shown to their best advantage in this hidden-away part of Berkshire.


I didn't take my camera with me, as sometimes I just like to look at things, rather than lining them up for a photo. If you look at the website there are some great photos and listings of the artists.

Some of the artwork was too conceptual for me, but there were a lot of things I liked. I think the sculpture was the most impressive art feature over all, although there was a wide range of other work. Sculptures that were worth noting were the lifelike dog bronzes by 
Rosemary Cook, Jenny Pickford's gigantic dandelion and the Birds of Africa by Louise Stobard.

No comments:

Post a Comment