Thursday, 18 September 2014

Experiments with stencils

Stencils was the theme for Tag Tuesday this week. You can see my tag here in an earlier post. I found that once I started playing around with my wild flowers and butterflies stencil, that I wanted to go on experimenting. I have tried different media and background papers. 

Some old sheet music made an interesting background.


 I used acrylic paint, which was a bit patchy, but it might work better with a  watercolour wash over the top.


I have used tissue paper and watercolour here.


 This is a negative stencil, done on a gelli plate, using metallic acrylic. I don't think this is effective, but might look brighter combined with another colour or with further layers of paper .