Wednesday 26 January 2011

Hubble Bubble by Shelagh Folgate

Here are some pictures of the work I have been doing for The Smashees by Shelagh Folgate. This is for the second workshop Hubble Bubble. I have been following Shelagh's instuctions.

I enjoyed dyeing the fabric for this project, and was glad to use a different range of colours. For some reason, whilst at Windsor on the C& G course, most things came out either blue or green! It is inspiring to use this nice, bright pink and the shades of purple. Of course this also means I needed to buy some more embroidery threads!

I have been experimenting with my machine, an Elna Q 660, which has a large range of embroidery stitches. I chose this fine flower for the base fabric for my dolly

Here she is! As the mother of four boys, I have to say it is the first time a dolly has been in this house! It is good to make something so feminine and pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment