Saturday 29 January 2011

Caversham Stained Glass







This is the work of my friend, Emma Davies, which I think has beautiful colour, pattern and texture. It was Emma who got me started with my art and textiles work about 4 years ago, when she took me along to a course in stained glass making. We both learned so much there. For me it was the start of my journey, as I loved the design work and wanted to try to make things out of fabrics, after the glass. For Emma, as soon as she started the glass work, she was on the right track. The bottom picture shows Emma's front door, which was her first piece. I am sure you will agree that it is lovely. Since then she has done a number of commisions for window and door panels. Based in the Reading area, Emma can be contacted on cavershamstainedglass@hotmail.com

The photos are by Emma from her portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment