Monday 22 February 2010

Gesso samples on fabric and paper

I worked some samples for my wallhanging. I was inspired by Angie Hughes book, Stitch, Cloth, Paper and Paint to use gesso with fabric and paper.

I played around with gesso, painting it onto fabric

Painted directly onto waffle calico


Painted onto a knitted sample and wool
Painted over scrim on calico
Painted on top of tissue paper on calico

Painted over masking tape, string and cotton threads

I used piped calico and painted over it with gesso. I would like to try this over machined running stitch

I used handmade papers (from a selection by Artvango) and painted them with gesso

1 comment:

  1. hi love this site .just starting to work with jesso and fabric and hoping to try some other techniques as i am a beginner .did not take any courses or see any books just love art ,textiles and something different .would like to work with lace and older items etc but first would like to frame a piece of fabric and jesso it for durabality and then frame the canvas or frame two together.any help about using jesso or framing fabric would be apreciated .i am a senior and just looking for something to keep me busy during the cold winter in pei canada .please email me at ritaclinton50@gmail.com .also would like to see some of your works .thanks and happy crafting.rita

    ReplyDelete