Friday 8 June 2012

Library Books

The weather here is very wintry (despite it being June half term!), and a perfect excuse to stay inside all warm and cosy and peruse my latest library books. As you can see I pick an eclectic mix of books, mainly I am looking for ideas to stimulate my senses. I won't be making all the things in these books, or even trying to, but am using them for inspiration. 


Knitted beaded jewellery by Ruth Herring

A book full of colourful photos and clear instructions. If you have never knitted jewellery before, it is a good  starting point. I liked it so much that I got out my bead collection, sorted it and then started knitting some earrings. Watch this space to see what I made.


Art at the Speed of Life by Pam Carriker

Crammed with ideas for mixed-media artists.


Felt Furnishings  by Anne Kyrro Quinn

 The colours and textures in this book are stunning. I want to make everything in it, but the price of felted wool helps to restrain me! I love Scandinavian style, and was delighted to see these colourful projects.



Indie Craft by Jo Waterhouse

Interesting book about "cool crafting", a mixture of craft techniques and fine art. Look out for the iron with embroidered sole plate, done by  Lithuanian artist Severija Incirauskaite-Kriauneviciene, which proves that anything is possible in art!


Light and Movement in Watercolour by Jake Winkle and Robin Capon

A brand new book about watercolour, I am the first person to take it out of the library! 



The Scandinavian Home: A Style Sourcebook by Lars Bolander and Heather Smith MacIsaac.
Did I mention that I love Scandinavian style?!  A wonderful feast for the eyes, with superb photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment