Tuesday 2 November 2010

Autumn at Harcourt Arboretum

In search of some Autumn colour, I dragged Richard and Guy off to Harcourt Arboretum. I needed to gather some leaves for this week's art class and wanted to take some photos. A few days earlier I had been bemoaning a distinct lack of colour, but we got it just right. The colours were amazing. The acers, as always stole the show, their vibrancy is unbelievable, but the other trees set them off beautifully. Most of the photos I took were of the acers and the Arboretum has a great variety on its Acer Walk. The day was dark and dismal, and extremely wet, not helped by the clocks going back and being conscious that darkness would fall earlier, but when we arrived the rain stopped and we enjoyed a bright spell.








t

1 comment:

  1. love these pics, reminds me that I used to frequently walk through the local park just to see the colours changing, and I haven't gone that way for a while.

    ReplyDelete