Saturday 8 May 2010

Wallhanging-progressing slowly

This term in class we do not have many techniques to follow, thank Goodness , I don't think my poor brain has room for any more! This means that we are working on our unfinished projects (too numerous to list!) . I enjoyed sitting in class chatting and adding in more stitch to my wallhanging. It is evolving now and I just keep laying on more stitch in different textures. I am glad to report that Dawn was very pleased with the way it is developing and made some very positive comments.
More photos of it soon.

At the same time we are working on the design and stitch samples for the box we are making this term. It is interesting in terms of scale to go from a 1 metre long wallhanging to a 10 cm square box. I found that when I tried to put the design for the box on paper I had been thinking too big! I had to start with the actual size of the box and draw the design inside it. From thinking bigger now I am thinking delicate and small. Good for the brain, anyway. Also I like to have a couple of things on the go simultaneously, as it provides variety and stimulation to switch between the two. Only problem is to decide which to work on !
More about the box and photos of it soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment