Wednesday 31 March 2010

Wallhanging-painting up fabric

I have decided I like the fabric samples painted in Koh-i-Noor best. I have been trying to paint up my strips to my satisfaction using this paint. However it looks a bit pale to me. When I am painting it looks the right colour when wet, but as it dries it gets paler. So I have had to put on another coat, and maybe will even need another. I find it hard to imagine the finished result with stitch over the top of it. No photos of this,as they just didn't come out right-too pale. I am going back to painting, I think I will try another layer.

1 comment:

  1. mucho sympathy on not being able to imagine it with the stitching on top!

    That is one of my biggest problems & scariest... I am learning to just be pleasantly surprised with whatever happens, even if its not what I imagined... but I guess with this course you have to show some measure of control & planning ;-)

    What sort of stitch are you thinking of - overall texture with added detail on top or ....?

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete