Wednesday 27 May 2015

Tag Tuesday-Down on the Farm

This week the theme on Tag Tuesday is 
Down on the Farm.


For my Down on the Farm tag I have
used some feedsack patterned fabric for 
background, in keeping with the Farm theme.
I am interested in how the feedsacks, made from linen
or heavy canvas were used from the mid 19th
century in the US
as an essential item to store animal feed, but
at the same time were a decorative item, enabling
farm wives to stitch clothing from them and to 
reuse them as patchwork items.
I found a post about the history of feedsacks here.
I placed some animal fabric prints on the background. 
When I had the idea for the tag, I thought I had some
farm animal printed fabric, such as cows, sheep, pigs,
 but it turns out that on my farm I have rabbits, birds ,
cats and ducks!


No comments:

Post a Comment