Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tag Tuesday-Pleats and Folds

The theme on Tag Tuesday this week is Pleats, Folds and Tucks
I was very pleased with this week's theme, as I love everything to do with fabric!
For my tag, I used an image from my book of Victorian costumes, which I went over the detail of the folds and pleats with a black fine liner. The background came from a pattern book of Victorian dresses, and is the template for creating a dress with many pleats. I made some pleats in a similar checked fabric and finished off with a lace trim.
I have photographed it on textiles book by Colette Wolff, called The Art of Manipulating Fabric. The reason for this is, when I was doing my City and Guilds (Embroidery and Stitched Textiles) at Windsor, I spent several weeks studying this book,and made quite a few samples from it. If you would like to know more about folds and pleats, (it doesn't mention tucks), this book has an incredible amount of information about them. Did you know how many different kinds of pleats there are? I haven't counted exactly, but Colette Woolf has seven sections on pleats!! That is quite a lot!




No comments:

Post a Comment