Wednesday 27 November 2013

Tag Tuesday-Black and White

 This week the theme for Tag Tuesday is Black and White
.

The first thing that came into my head for Black and White was to do an Art Deco Tag, as this movement used a lot of black and whiteI chose the Chrysler Building as it is an iconic symbol of Art Deco. I love the shape of this New York building, built in 1928-1931, and the fact that it was made to look like a car radiator in honour of the Chrysler company is just the sort of quirky fact that appeals to me. When I visited New York, I found myself  constantly looking out for the distinctive shape of this beautiful building.

For my tag I have made a collage from newspaper (a Greek one, brought back by my husband who travels a lot and obligingly brings me back useful things for my art work!). I have also used black paper, white card and fine liner pens. The edging is made from braid and ribbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment