Saturday 13 April 2013

Smitten Kitchen


My inspiration this week comes from a seemingly unlikely source, a cookery book, The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by  Deb Perelman. Photos of food can provide great artistic inspiration for colour combinations, as well as being fun to look at.
At the weekend, I had a gift voucher to spend at Waterstones, and wanted to use it to buy a cookery book.  I was looking for one with good photos, good writing, new recipes and interesting ideas, and this book has all those things. I have been reading it and looking at the photos all week and it still thrills me. The recipes are all calling out to be tried, the only problem is to decide which one to make first. Should it be Peach dumplings with bourbon sauce? apricot breakfast crumble? pistachio masala lamb chops with cucumber mint raita? or the rhubarb triangles on the cover?
 If you want to look at more of her recipes, Deb has an award winning blog Smitten Kitchen .

No comments:

Post a Comment