Wednesday 18 July 2012

Tag Tuesday-Sea Birds


The subject for this week's Tag Tuesday is Sea Birds.
I  made the background using a transfer printing technique from a book I have recently acquired:- Image Transfer Workshop by Darlene Olivia McElroy and Sandra Duran Wilson. The print was made using a magasine image and acrylic paint. There are so many wonderful techniques to try in the book, my favourite is gelatine, but I haven't tried it yet. I find the book to be clearly set out, and I hope it will teach me everything I need to know about transfer printing! Watch this space for more examples, I am sure I will use them in my tags!
The foreground is collage, and the whole is photographed against a painted paper which I had in my stash, which reminded me of the sea.





No comments:

Post a Comment